Minimum equipment requirement for participants
- Ankle Walking boots for stages 1 & 3 – Due to the terrain and conditions, we will not allow trail
shoes or trainers
- Trainers/sports shoes are allowed for Stage 2
- Walking Trousers and appropriate outdoor wear
- Waterproof Trousers
- Waterproof Jacket
(Please note: softshell trousers and jackets are not full waterproof garments. If you turn up without
a taped seam waterproof jacket and trousers You Will Not Be Allowed to participant and lose your
joining fee without any refund)
- Spare warm layer
- Warm Hat
- Water bottles/hydration bladder
- Emergency foil blanket
- Quality head torch with spare batteries to last 33 hours
Please note that many head torches do not last long periods of time. You must have spare batteries in your pack at all times.
If you are found not having a working head torch, this will result in you potentially being removed from the stage.
The UK weather is unpredictable in December, so it is vital you not only wear, but have appropriate clothing in your backpack. A small kit bag can be stored at the start/finish point if you wish to change of clothing and extra snacks.